This course outlines the science behind medical lasers. In this course the participant will explore the origins of lasers, the physics behind lasers, the basic components all lasers share and the theory behind the selection of lasers for therapeutic and medical applications.
Run Time: 1 hour
Examination: 10-question test. Passing grade of 70% or higher required for certificate
Course Evaluation: Yes
Certificate of Completion: Yes
- BOC Approval: Northeast Seminars is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers. This program has been approved for (4) hours of Category A continuing education. BOC Approved Provider Home Study Course: #P498
Module I: How Lasers Work - Part 1 Resource
Module I: How Lasers Work - Part 2 Resource
Module II: Laser Physics Resource
Module III: Laser Tissue Interaction Resource
Certificate of Completion
Upon completion of this class, you should be able to:
- Discuss the theory of the production of laser light and radiation.
- Discuss the difference between continuous wave, pulse, super pulse and intermittent laser output.
- Describe the most beneficial model of laser light penetration.
- Define the terminology used in connection with medical lasers.