This is a presentation of Brian Mulligan's Mobilization with Movement (MWM) approach to musculoskeletal problems in the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow. These manual therapy treatment techniques will be described and demonstrated by Brian Mulligan with Don Reordan and Julie Paolino of the Mulligan Concept Teachers Association. The course includes examples of MWM for differential diagnosis as well as treatment, home exercise techniques and taping. It covers possible treatment interventions for loss of finger, wrist or elbow motion, loss of supination/pronation and lateral elbow pain with gripping or wrist extension (tennis elbow). The guidelines and indications necessary to apply the techniques are presented in a verbal and visual format. The intended result is immediate enhancement of assessment and treatment skills applicable to the upper extremity joints utilizing Mobilization with Movement techniques.
2) MWM Principles
3) MWM for Finger
4) MWM for Metacarpals
5) MWM for Wrist
6) MWM for Forearm
7) MWM for Elbow
8) MWM for Lateral Epicondylalgia
9) Home Therapies and Conclusion
Certificate of Completion
Run Time: 2 hours
Audience: Physical Therapists, PTA's, Athletic Trainers
Examination: 20-question test. Passing grade of 70% or higher required for certificate
Course Evaluation: Yes
Certificate of Completion: Yes
- BOC Approval: Northeast Seminars is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers. This program has been approved for (4) hours of Category A continuing education. BOC Approved Provider Home Study Course: #P498
Upon completion of this class, you should be able to:
- Summarize the concept of Mobilization with Movement (MWM) along with its technique guidelines
- Describe MWM techniques for the the hand, wrist, and elbow
- Apply a MWM with proper handling technique, to a PIP joint for a patient with pain and loss of motion in a PIP joint.
- Apply a MWM with proper handling technique to the scaphoid, in a patient with pain during wrist extension or flexion.
- Resolve to utilize the Mulligan concept and a MWM in the treatment plan of a patient with elbow dysfunction.