Brian Mulligan presents his world-renowned Mobilizations With Movement (MWM) techniques and how they relate to the shoulder and lumbar spine. He demonstrates his MWMs on volunteer participants at a live seminar and gets amazing results. He also demonstrates home treatment techniques.
Unit 09: MWM Techniques for the Shoulder Girdle- Pt. 1
Unit 10: MWM Techniques for the Shoulder Girdle- Pt. 2
Unit 11: MWM Techniques for the Shoulder Girdle- Pt. 3
Unit 23: Lumbar SNAGS
Certificate of Completion
Upon completion of this class, you should be able to:
- Summarize the principles and technique guidelines for applying Mobilization with Movement (MWM)
- Describe MWM techniques for the shoulder
- Describe techniques for applying lumbar SNAGS
- Apply one Cervical MWM to address a patient with shoulder symptoms radiating to the elbow.
- Implement the use of a mobilization belt to reposition the humeral head in the glenoid fossa of a patient with a painful arc in the shoulder.
- Integrate patient, self- generated overpressure while applying a MWM to the GH joint in a patient with motion loss and pain.
- Apply a scapular MWM to reduce pain in a patient with AC joint pain.
- Apply a MWM at the GH joint or the cervical spine to improve ROM in a patient with IR loss.
- Demonstrate a self- SNAG technique using a mobilization belt for a patient with lumbar pain and ROM loss.
- Apply a manual SNAG technique to the lumbar spine in a patient with painful extension ROM.
Run Time: 1.5 hours
Instructional Level: Physical Therapists, PTA's, Students, Athletic Trainers
Requirements: Personal Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone with access to Broadband Internet (<1.4 mbps)
Examination: 8-question test. Passing grade of 70% or higher required for certificate
Course Evaluation: Yes
Certificate of Completion: Yes
- BOC Approval: Northeast Seminars is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers. This program has been approved for (4) hours of Category A continuing education. BOC Approved Provider Home Study Course: #P498