Brian Mulligan presents his world-renowned Mobilizations With Movement (MWM) techniques and how they relate to the knee, ankle, foot, and elbow. He demonstrates his MWMs on volunteer participants at a live seminar and gets amazing results. He also demonstrates taping techniques and home treatment techniques.
Upon completion of this class, you should be able to:
- Summarize the principles and technique guidelines for applying Mobilization with Movement (MWM)
- Describe MWM techniques specifically to the knee, ankle, foot, and elbow
1. Apply the traction technique with flexion and /or abduction in an athlete with a diagnosis of Hamstring tightness.
2. Integrate the use of a mobilization belt with a figure 8, traction technique in a patient with quadriceps and hip flexor tightness.
3. Apply one of the distraction and passive stretch techniques to the abductors utilizing a mobilization belt in a patient with abductor or TFL tightness.
4. Implement a manual MWM technique and follow up taping in a patient with an acute ankle sprain.
Run Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Examination: 10-question test. Passing grade of 70% or higher required for certificate
Course Evaluation: Yes
Certificate of Completion: Yes
- BOC Approval: Northeast Seminars is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers. This program has been approved for (4) hours of Category A continuing education. BOC Approved Provider Home Study Course: #P498
Elbow & Lower Quadrant
Unit 27: Techniques for Tight Hamstrings & Quadriceps
Unit 28: Techniques for Tight Adductors & Abductors
Unit 29: MWM Techniques for the Elbow
Unit 30: MWM Techniques for the Ankle
Certificate of Completion