Kevin E. Wilk, DPT, PT, FAPTA
Intermediate to Advanced
This presentation will discuss rehabilitation following rotator cuff repair with special emphasis on why one rehab program doesn't fill all patients. There are many variables regarding rotator cuff repairs that need to be considered, including the size of the tear, the tissue quality, the type of surgery performed, and patient variables. As a result, physical therapists need multiple rehab programs that adjust to their patients needs based on these variables.
Run Time: 34:20 minutes
Attendee: Physical Therapists, PTA's, Students, Athletic Trainers
Required Equipment: Personal Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone with access to Broadband Internet (<1.4 mbps)
Examination: 4-question test. Passing grade of 70% or higher required for certificate
Course Evaluation: Yes
Certificate of Completion: Yes
34:20 minutes Rehabilitation Following Rotator Cuff Repair:
Why One Rehab Program does not work for all patients
Certificate of Completion
- Learning Goals
Upon completion of this class, you should be able to:
- List and summarize the variables involved in rehab for rotator cuff repair patients
- Develop individualized rotator cuff rehabilitation programs that address these variables
- Behavioral Objectives
- Upon completion of this class, the participant will be able to compare 3 specific factors that affect a post-surgical rehabilitation protocol for patients with rotator cuff disorders.
- Upon completion of this class, the participant will be able to compare 3 factors that maximize tendon healing for a patient during rehabilitation post-operatively following rotator cuff surgery.
- Upon completion of this class, the participant will be able to compare 3 different stretches to increase range-of-motion for a patient following arthroscopic rotator cuff tear repair.
- Upon completion of this class, the participant will be able to identify 4 ROM rehab guidelines, as keys to success when restoring balance to a patient’s shoulder following RC tear surgery.
- Upon completion of this class, the participant will be able to identify 2 factors that cause a dysfunctional shoulder arc in a patient post-operatively following RC tear repair.
- Additional Information
Instructor(s) Kevin Wilk Platform Webcast Online