This telecast will include lecture providing the scientific & clinical evidence for the treatment for the overhead athlete. This program will include lecture, video and live patient demonstration of new treatment of this challenging clinical diagnosis. Addressing pain or injury in the elbow joint before and after ACL surgery in the overhead athlete. The telecast includes history and evaluation of the throwers elbow with hands-on techniques, new approaches & strategies to effective management of the patient with this pathology. This telecast will include various treatment modalities and results, and interactive Questions and Answers.
Run Time: 53:50 minutes
Attendee: Physical Therapists, PTA's, Students, Athletic Trainers
Required Equipment: Personal Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone with access to Broadband Internet (<1.4 mbps)
Examination: 8 question quiz. Passing grade of 70% or higher required for certificate
Course Evaluation: Yes
Certificate of Completion: Yes
ProCert has awarded certification in the amount of 2 Continuing Competence Units (CCUs) to this activity. CCUs are a unit of relative value of an activity based on its evaluation against a rigorous and comprehensive set of standards representing the quality of an activity. The CCU determination is a valuation applying many factors including, but not limited to, duration of the activity. No conclusion should be drawn that CCUs correlate to time (e.g. hours).
22:18 min Patient demonstration & video presentation: Evaluation & Treatment
23:22 min Evidence based treatment for the overhead athlete8:10 min Discussion: Questions & Answers
Certificate of Completion
- Learning Goals
Upon successful completion of this webinar, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the anatomy & biomechanics of the elbow joint
- Understand various range of motion adaptations & why they occur
- Develop a treatment strategy for the overhead athlete
- Design an effective and appropriate rehabilitation program based on current clinical and scientific research
- Integrate the information presented in this course and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Behavioral Objectives
- Upon completion, the participant will be able to propose 3 distinguishing questions during a subjective intake to distinguish pathology in the overhead athlete.
- Upon completion, the participant will be able to compare 1 difference in the management of a UCL strain in a contact sport athlete vs. the overhead throwing athlete.
- Upon completion, the participant will be able to integrate 3 Home program activities during week 1, following UCL reconstruction utilizing a gracilis tendon graft, for the overhead athlete.
- Upon completion, the participant will be able to propose 4 dynamic stabilization exercises used in advanced rehabilitation following UCL reconstruction, in the overhead athlete.
- Additional Information
Instructor(s) Kevin Wilk Continuing Education State(s) Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Puerto Rico Platform Webcast Online