Risk factors, prevention & treatment of shoulder & elbow injuries in youth baseball players
Run Time: 57:48 min.
Attendee: Physical Therapists, PTA's, Students, Athletic Trainers
Required Equipment: Personal Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone with access to Broadband Internet (<1.4 mbps)
Examination: 4 questions. Passing grade of 70% or higher required for certificate
Course Evaluation: Yes
Certificate of Completion: Yes
ProCert has awarded certification in the amount of 2 Continuing Competence Units (CCUs) to this activity. CCUs are a unit of relative value of an activity based on its evaluation against a rigorous and comprehensive set of standards representing the quality of an activity. The CCU determination is a valuation applying many factors including, but not limited to, duration of the activity. No conclusion should be drawn that CCUs correlate to time (e.g. hours).
Presentation Agenda8:30 min Introduction and Overview (Wilk)23:12 min Pitch Counts and Injuries in Adolescent Baseball (Fleisig)21:76 min Injuries in Youth Pitchers (Dugas)4:30 min GIRD and Summary
Certificate of Completion
- Learning Goals
- Upon successful completion of this webinar, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the anatomy & biomechanics of the elbow and shoulder
- Develop a training strategy to minimize injuries in youth baseball players
- Design an effective and appropriate rehabilitation program based on current clinical and scientific research
- Integrate the information presented in this course and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Behavioral Objectives
1. Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to design a plan for preventing elbow injury in young overhead throwers using the 9-point position statement published by ASMI.
2. Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to develop a protocol for an overhead throwing athlete that recognizes the 5 factors that influence injury rates.
3. Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to propose 2 recommendations for reducing the number of injuries suffered by the overhead throwing athlete based on 4 risk factors.
DetailsRisk factors, prevention & treatment of shoulder & elbow injuries in youth baseball players
- Additional Information
Instructor(s) Glenn Fleisig, Jeffrey Dugas, Kevin Wilk Continuing Education State(s) Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Puerto Rico Platform Webcast Online