Shoulder lesions are common in the general population and in athletes. There are numerous tests, maneuvers, and special assessments that you can utilize to make an accurate diagnosis. This presentation will compare and contrast various shoulder tests useful in diagnosing shoulder pathologies.
Run Time: 1 hour
Attendee: Physical Therapists, PTA's, Students, Athletic Trainers
Required Equipment: Personal Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone with access to Broadband Internet (<1.4 mbps)
Examination: 4 questions. Passing grade of 70% or higher required for certificate
Course Evaluation: Yes
Certificate of Completion: Yes
ProCert has awarded certification in the amount of 2 Continuing Competence Units (CCUs) to this activity. CCUs are a unit of relative value of an activity based on its evaluation against a rigorous and comprehensive set of standards representing the quality of an activity. The CCU determination is a valuation applying many factors including, but not limited to, duration of the activity. No conclusion should be drawn that CCUs correlate to time (e.g. hours).
Presentation Agenda50 min Overview and description of shoulder tests10 min Questions and answers10 min Summary
Certificate of Completion
- Learning Goals
- Upon successful completion of this webinar, the participants will be able to:
- Identify tests for diagnosing shoulder pathologies
- Compare and contrast the efficacy and validity of various shoulder tests
- Design an effective protocol of tests, maneuvers, and special assessments to use in identifying shoulder pathologies
- Integrate the information presented in this course and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Behavioral Objectives
- Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to justify the relevance of the Scapular Assistance test when evaluating a patient with Subacromial Impingement Syndrome.
- Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to explain the importance of scapular stabilization when measuring IR in a patient with motion loss in the glenohumeral joint.
- Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to integrate three tests in the evaluation of a patient with suspected SLAP lesion that have shown high specificity and sensitivity.
DetailsShoulder lesions are common in the general population and in athletes. There are numerous tests, maneuvers, and special assessments that you can utilize to make an accurate diagnosis. This presentation will compare and contrast various shoulder tests useful in diagnosing shoulder pathologies.
- Additional Information
Instructor(s) Kevin Wilk Continuing Education State(s) Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Puerto Rico Platform Webcast Online