There are a variety of treatment interventions and modalities that promote tissue healing and regeneration following injuries. This class with describe the basic principles and techniques for some of the most popular ones available to rehabilitation professionals.
1 CCU - ProCert
Run Time: 1 hour
Attendee: Physical Therapists, PTA's, Students, Athletic Trainers
Required Equipment: Personal Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone with access to Broadband Internet (<1.4 mbps)
Examination: 17 questions. Passing grade of 70% or higher required for certificate
Course Evaluation: Yes
Certificate of Completion: Yes
ProCert has awarded certification in the amount of 1 Continuing Competence Units (CCUs) to this activity. CCUs are a unit of relative value of an activity based on its evaluation against a rigorous and comprehensive set of standards representing the quality of an activity. The CCU determination is a valuation applying many factors including, but not limited to, duration of the activity. No conclusion should be drawn that CCUs correlate to time (e.g. hours).
15 min Laser Therapy & Demonstration
15 min Shockwave Therapy & Demonstration
10 min Ultrasound Therapy & Demonstration
10 min PRP (Dr. Colberg)
05 min Stem Cell (Dr. Dugas)
Certificate of Completion
- Learning Goals
Upon successful completion of this webinar, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the benefits and treatment techniques of the following:
- Laser therapy
- PRP (platelet-rich plasma)
- Stem Cell
- Develop an evidence-based rehabilitation program incorporating these interventions and modalities
- Behavioral Objectives
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
1. Defend the use of a Class IV laser over the use of a Class 3B laser in the treatment approach of a patient with a musculoskeletal injury.
2. Articulate 5 benefits of laser therapy in the treatment rationale of a patient with a soft tissue injury.
3. Describe the physiological, delivery mechanism of a Shock Wave therapy treatment in the treatment program of a patient with a soft tissue injury.
4. Compare 3 different characteristics of the Sam Ultrasound Unit versus traditional ultrasound in the treatment program of a patient with a soft tissue injury.
5. Educate a patient in 3 expectations following a PRP injection.
- Additional Information
Instructor(s) Jeffrey Dugas, Kevin Wilk, Ricardo E. Colberg Continuing Education State(s) Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Puerto Rico Platform Webcast Online