Dr. Dugas joins Kevin Wilk this month to discuss UCL injuries in athletes. Dr. Dugas is an orthopedic surgeon at the Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Center in Birmingham, AL. He will discuss the biomechanics of the elbow, strategies for examining injured elbows, and surgical interventions. Kevin Wilk will outline appropriate exercises for rehabilitating patients after UCL surgery.
1 CCU - ProCert
Run Time: 1 hour
Attendee: Physical Therapists, PTA's, Students, Athletic Trainers
Required Equipment: Personal Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone with access to Broadband Internet (<1.4 mbps)
Examination: Short quiz. Passing grade of 70% or higher required for certificate
Course Evaluation: Yes
Certificate of Completion: Yes
ProCert has awarded certification in the amount of 1 Continuing Competence Units (CCUs) to this activity. CCUs are a unit of relative value of an activity based on its evaluation against a rigorous and comprehensive set of standards representing the quality of an activity. The CCU determination is a valuation applying many factors including, but not limited to, duration of the activity. No conclusion should be drawn that CCUs correlate to time (e.g. hours).
25 min Presentation by Dr. Dugas
25 min Exercise programs by Kevin Wilk
10 min Questions and Answers
Certificate of Completion
- Learning Goals
Upon successful completion of this webinar, the participants will be able to:
- Describe how to assess injured elbows for UCL injuries
- Summarize surgical interventions for injured ulnar collateral ligaments
- Design an effective and appropriate rehabilitation program based on current clinical and scientific research for UCL injuries following surgery.
- Behavioral Objectives
- Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to develop a protocol using a seated and supine UCL stress to evaluate medial elbow stability and UCL integrity in the assessment of an overhead-throwing athlete.
- Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to defend the operative management using three rationales for a patient with a UCL injury.
- Upon completion of the course the participant will be able to design a rehabilitation treatment program using a variety of 10 exercises for a patient with a UCL injury.
DetailsDr. Dugas joins Kevin Wilk this month to discuss UCL injuries in athletes. Dr. Dugas is an orthopedic surgeon at the Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center in Birmingham, AL. He will discuss the biomechanics of the elbow, strategies for examining injured elbows, and surgical interventions. Kevin Wilk will outline appropriate exercises for rehabilitating patients after UCL surgery.
- Additional Information
Instructor(s) Kevin Wilk Continuing Education State(s) Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Puerto Rico Platform Webcast Online