The clinical examination of the shoulder is critical in diagnosing and treating injuries in overhead throwers. In this month's webcast, Dr. Cain will walk you through a complete shoulder examination.
1 CCU - ProCert
Run Time: 1 hour
Attendee: Physical Therapists, PTA's, Students, Athletic Trainers
Required Equipment: Personal Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone with access to Broadband Internet (<1.4 mbps)
Examination: 5 question quiz. Passing grade of 70% or higher required for certificate
Course Evaluation: Yes
Certificate of Completion: Yes
ProCert has awarded certification in the amount of 1 Continuing Competence Units (CCUs) to this activity. CCUs are a unit of relative value of an activity based on its evaluation against a rigorous and comprehensive set of standards representing the quality of an activity. The CCU determination is a valuation applying many factors including, but not limited to, duration of the activity. No conclusion should be drawn that CCUs correlate to time (e.g. hours).
40 min Shoulder examination by Dr. Cain
10 min Discussion questions
Certificate of Completion
- Learning Goals
Upon successful completion of this webinar, the participants will be able to:
- Identify shoulder examination principles and guidelines
- Describe tests for evaluating common shoulder pathologies
- Behavioral Objectives
- Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to develop a comprehensive clinical examination for an overhead throwing athlete.
- Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to distinguish a labral pathology versus a rotator cuff or biceps pathology for an overhead throwing athlete.
- Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to apply three possible clinical presentations observed in the examination of overhead throwing athlete.
DetailsThe clinical examination of the shoulder is critical in diagnosing and treating injuries in overhead throwers. In this month's webcast, Dr. Cain will walk you through a complete shoulder examination.
- Additional Information
Instructor(s) Kevin Wilk Continuing Education State(s) Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Puerto Rico Platform Webcast Online