1. Rehabilitation of Shoulder in the Overhead Thrower: Improving Internal Rotation
Loss of internal rotation in overhead throwers is currently a hot a topic. Many individuals exhibiting a loss of internal rotation have posterior tightness which physical therapists and athletic trainers often address with a series of stretches. This topic will cover the reasons for internal loss of rotation along with evaluation techniques and rehabilitation strategies.
2. Loss of Motion of the Shoulder Joint: Recognition & Treatment of Posterior Capsular Tightness
This segment will focus on the recognition and treatment of posterior capsular tightness by reviewing the arthrokinematics of the glenohumeral joint, evaluation considerations, and rehabilitation strategies.
3. Functional Kinematic Evaluation of the Hip Joint Complex
Join world-renowned physical therapist Pete Draovitch as he discusses the functional kinematic evaluation of the hip, including:
- differential diagnosis of motion limiting structures
- bony structure vs soft tissue
- capsular vs extra-articular tissue
- range of motion: prone vs supine
- capsular and articular patterns
- numerous validated hip tests
Run Time: 44:10 minutes
Instructional Level: Physical Therapists, PTA's, Students, Athletic Trainers
Requirements: Personal Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone with access to Broadband Internet (<1.4 mbps)
Examination: 7 question, 35 min test. Passing grade of 70% or higher required for certificate
Course Evaluation: Yes
Certificate of Completion: Yes
- Approved by the NY State Education Board for 1 CE.
- Approved by the following states through reciprocity of the NY approval; AL, AZ, AR, DE, HI, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MA, MI, MT, NB, NH, NY, NC, ND, OR, SC, SD, UT, VT, WA, WI, and WY.
- ProCert has awarded certification in the amount of 1 Continuing Competence Units (CCUs) to this activity. This approval expires on September 30, 2021. CCUs are a unit of relative value of an activity based on its evaluation against a rigorous and comprehensive set of standards representing the quality of an activity. The CCU determination is a valuation applying many factors including, but not limited to, duration of the activity. No conclusion should be drawn that CCUs correlate to time (e.g. hours).
Length Presentation Presenter 17:23 min Rehabilitation of Shoulder in the Overhead Thrower: Improving Internal Rotation Kevin Wilk 11:23 min Loss of Motion of the Shoulder Joint: Recognition & Treatment of Posterior Capsular Tightness Kevin Wilk 15:24 min Functional Kinematic Evaluation of the Hip Joint Complex Pete Draovitch
Certificate of Completion
- Learning Goals
Upon successful completion of this webinar, the participants will be able to:
- Describe techniques for increasing internal rotation for the overhead athlete
- Recognize and treat posterior capsular tightness
- Be able to perform an examination that identifies intra-articular pathology, extra-articular pathology, trunk pathology or referred signs and symptoms
- Additional Information
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $159.00
Special Price $129.00